Thursday, October 16, 2008

Albuquerque, NM

Today the kids and I went to the Albuquerque Biological Park. Paying only $5 for all of us to get in should have been a clue to me that this wasn't some grand aquarium. It probably would have taken us 20 minutes to walk through but we had 3 hours to kill so I read EVERY sign to them.
The "map" for the aquarium said this was a touch tank. But the sign on the touch tank said to not put your hands in the water. Hmmmm.
Outside is the Botanical gardens (included in the admission price). We walked around here for a while. These are grape vines. I've never seen real, live grape vines! Collin took this picture. You can see he forgot to count to 3 for us.
So after having lunch with Matt we found a Barnes and Noble and played at the train table for an hour. Then I found a mall nearby. They had a carousel for the kiddos to ride. We were the only ones riding probably because the people that live here don't pay $3.50 to ride a carousel!
We found the mall playground. Yippie! We spent another 45 minutes here.
Matt finally sent me a text message that said, "im bored pik up asap". This is hilarious to me because who wouldn't be bored after listening to such thrilling topics as "Genre Discontinuities: Allegorizing the Vietnam War in American Television and Film" OR "Imperial Formations and Manifest Destinies: Israel/Palestine and Circuits of Exceptionality". Yikes! I was really glad I spent the day at the small aquarium and gardens and spent $3.50 to ride a carousel.
Glad you are reading this Momma and Daddy! Sorry for the late post today.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Looks like another fun day in ABQ...I've been to the that park before with Ruth. If you have another day there, the zoo isn't far from that park, if I am remebering correctly. Enjoying your blog. :)