Saturday, December 6, 2008

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Collin is putting up his 5 firetruck ornaments.
Katie wants to know why she cannot play with her 3 snowman ornaments.

Yep...I'm one of THOSE moms. I MAKE my children collect ornaments. I MAKE them collect a particular kind. And I MAKE them hang them up every year without playing with them. I used to be SO against Hallmark getting their Christmas stuff out in July and now when they have their ornament unveiling I'm there the first day buying my children's ornaments for that Christmas. Because what if they didn't get the next one in the collection??? What would happen then?? Let's not think about it.


5 comments:

Laura said...

And that's why I love you so!

kj said...

I just found your blog!!!! Adding you to my page now.....

; )

The Lj's said...

That is great! I love that idea. I am sure they will appreciate them in a few more years... but the real question is... Will you let them take them when they move out?

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Jenny Rizer said...

Your kids are so cute. I can top you though...I like my tree to look "elegant" so Preston doesn't even have any fun ornatments hanging...just silver and burgandy colored balls! We hang the "fun" ornaments around the house on doorknobs and stuff....poor kid. I guess I'll need to get a more kid friendly tree sometime...