Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Camera Has Died

I know...it's not breaking news. But it is big news in our family. This is/was my first digital camera. Sniff...sniff... Birthday present 2007. Sniff...sniff... I'll get over it.

Collin and Katie spent Spring Break in Texas with my parents. And when they got home on Friday we had a little surprise in the backyard - our trampoline! They got it for Christmas from Matt's parents but we had not taken the time to go to the store to pick it up or put it together. So we took some pictures outside on that nice balmy 70 degree Friday. And I guess the camera was left outside by an adult member of this household that is in fact not me. And Saturday when I ask, "Where is the camera?" so I can take a picture of the cuteness of Jackson Matt-Matt...well, let's just say that's when we discover a frosty Kodak Easy Share.

So, I'll be shopping for my early Mother's Day gift this week. I'm certain that I will miss some very important milestone in Jackson's life (and Collin and Katie's) while I am searching for a new camera. I think I will buy a disposable camera tomorrow just in case. In the meantime...and fellow bloggers have any new camera recommendations of the point and shoot kind?

Blessings! And thanks!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like my Casio Exilim EX-Z60.

Lisa said...

That is so sad! I would be sad too if my camera was ruined! I just got a new one for Christmas and love it....its a Sony Cybershot 12.1 Mega Pixels. Its great and easy to use and also takes high quality short video clips! I highly recommend it!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

My last 2 camera's have been Fuji. I've been very happy with both of them. The first one went because I dropped it on the garage floor. I don't recommend that.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, so sorry for you! I have an Kodak Easyshare too. Mine has a history as well. I left it in a Ghiradelli Chocolate store in Chicago one night. I had put an address label on the side of it. I thought it had been stolen, but when we got back home from vacation, I had a phone call from the Ghiradelli manager on the answering machine, and he sent it back to me! I wrote Ghiradelli and praised that guy!

Kayla said...

I loved my cannon SD890 IS. It lived through several drops before it finally broke. I will replace it with another cannon powershot. These are great cameras for the price. They are around $200 and they take good quality video as well as pictures. It can zoom in real far and I liked the color accent feature. Good luck!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

We love our canon camera's. I carry the Canon Powershot with me at all times and the big camera is a Canon Rebel. Happy hunting!

Marilyn said...

So sad to hear about your camera. I have a Samsung NV11. We LOVE it, many great features! Get it and you too can be the "NV" (envy) of all your family & friends...get it?! ha, ha!