Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let's Explore Oklahoma: Saturdays With Santa

On a recent Saturday we all bundled up and headed to downtown OKC. The kids all got their pictures made with Santa - to go in their Santa Scrapbooks. Yep, as soon as I get caught up. In scrapbook world, I am still in 2009. Collin has asked Santa for a Harry Potter Lego set.
Katie would like Santa to bring her a Razor scooter with pink wheels.
And Jackson could care less. He just wanted the candy cane Santa was handing out.
Oh what fun!
After the photos, the kids went on a scavenger hunt with their passports to OKC. It was great fun. They had to go to 4 different stations and complete the activities to get their passport stamped. After they completed the passports they turned them in for a chance to win a bowl of candy.
After finishing up the passports we played around outdoors at the Myriad Gardens.
It was great fun! It was such a nice, relaxing Saturday.
These stepping notes were in the middle of the maze.
Have I mentioned I LOVE living in a big city? Well, I mean I like living in the suburb near a big city.
Did not make it out on the rink this day. But we plan on going to the ice skating rink here in our suburb when we return from Christmas break. I need to also mention that the events on Saturdays with Santa are FREE. This will go in my Oklahoma Travel Book in the Things to do in the month of December section. Merry Christmas blog friends.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Looks like a great time! Haven't been down to the MG since they redid it!

Marilyn said...

How fun! I'm remembering this for a future year! Poor Jackson's face says how he really feels though in those first couple pictures :-(