I am a much better scrapbooker when I blog. So I'll begin where I am and not try to catch you up on the last year.
Summer has arrived! I love summer! And I love taking my kids to fun places. One of our favorite places is the Science Museum! Collin loves the "Mind Benders" section.
And he really likes to play chess. I personally dislike chess...it's such a long game and you don't get to talk much, just get to think. I need a more social game. But he loves it and beat his sister and her friend at large chess easily.
Jackson was amazed at the wind tunnel. He could have stared up at it all day.
Our Kate loves the legos in the "tinkering garage" section. She built a car and raced it down the ramp.
Collin loves to ride the segways. And on our next mom/son date he wants to do the Segway tour of OKC. I am a little scared of it as I don't have quite the balance of a 10 year old. But I'm willing to do it! :)
See the "shirt" Katie has on? That is a size 7 dress I bought her in February. I think it might have shrank some too, but it is no longer a shirt!! Her legs are getting SO long!!
My boys!
And as we settle into our summer routine it looks like this:
*work on speed with math facts
*read, read, read: concentrating on American history, Washington DC, etc
*complete "Around the World in 60 days" geography/Bible study
kiddos are also completing daily chores and helping me purge the house of clutter. We also have a few things to paint and build this summer. But that will come after big trip.
This blog post dedicated specifically to my mom, a dedicated reader and my friend Laura, I hope you still read. :) And all my previous readers - if I type it they will read, right?
4 comments:
Katie IS gettig tall! I was just thinking that the last time I saw her. Looking forward to hearing more about your summer adventure!
Can't wait to hear about your big trip.
I lOVE it - "If I type it they will read"! I didn't know the Science Museum had Segways....how much fun!
Can't believe I missed so much! Glad you're back. Loves.
Post a Comment