Monday, October 13, 2008

Carlsbad, New Mexico

On the hike inside the caverns - this was the easiest hike but still took about an hour. Collin really liked it but Katie kept saying she was scared. Poor girl! She was cold, had no nap and we took her into a big hole in the ground.
The view from the Visitor Center at Carlsbad Caverns.

At the end of each day at Carlsbad you can hike to the natural entrance of the cave and watch the bats fly out for the night. The park rangers would not let us take pictures of the bats flying but WOW that was really neat and a little scary. For my ACU friends...it reminded me of the time the bats started flying during chapel at Moody Coliseum and one landed on someone's back.






We arrived at Carlsbad Caverns National Park just in time to take the last elevator down to the "Big Room". We opted NOT to make our kids (and ourselves) hike the 1 hour long "strenuous" hike to get to the same point as the elevator would take us in 60 seconds.
Again...I blogged backwards...I will get better.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your trip.

Heather said...

Looks like fun!! Glad I found your blog!