Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night at the McCooks

Katie showing her sad face. She didn't like the project so much.
Collin showing his sad face. He didn't like how many states Obama was getting.

Here is our 5 year old version of the project.



When I taught 2nd grade I sent home a blank US map for Election night homework. The children were supposed to color in blue or red in as many states as they could before they had to go to bed. Well, in the 6 years I taught school, I've sent that homework home only twice. The most interesting time being in 2000 when we lived in Florida. The kids came back to school on Wednesday with Florida colored red, blue, red - well it looked purple.


Collin was 1 in 2004 and I didn't have a classroom to make them participate, so I guess you could say I've had some withdrawal from my Election night homework. So here is what Collin and Katie did last night...





2 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like the perfect project for the history professor's kids! I couldn't stand to watch it. It was too painful...

jenn b said...

That is a great idea!!! Kayla's class had an election at school and she kept changing who she was going to vote for. She kept saying "wait, who was the other one?" I'm still not sure who she actually picked!