Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Matt goes to Seattle

Matt has been fortunate enough to attend 3 history conferences this school year. In October he had a conference in Albuquerque and we all got to go. We had a great mini-vacation. In January, Matt had a conference in New York City and this time, Matt and I went without children. That was super fun! Now for his last conference...Seattle. Well since he had been to 2 conferences already, OC asked if maybe he could find a hotel that didn't cost quite as much as the one the conference was held at. And they suggested a nice, moderate hotel near the conference. Well, if you know Matt, you know he is NOT a spender, even with other's money, so he thought he would find the CHEAPEST hotel still within walking distance to the conference.
This is where Matt stayed. Ever heard of the Kings Inn? Nope, me neither.

Here is the scary back of the hotel. Ick. I would have NEVER stayed there. He found a SCREWDRIVER under the covers in one of the beds. What? That is just too odd and strange and gross. A SCREWDRIVER??? Who leaves a screwdriver on a bed and then places the covers over it!!! I think in his 3 nights there, it only cost OC $90, so way to save the money sweetie. SO glad you didn't do that in NYC.



2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Okay...I'll remember that when we go next year! NOT KING'S INN! Does he ever check things out on Tripadvisor? That's one of my favorite sites - it has real reviews by real people!

kj said...

I hope he didn't sleep under the blankets there......I've seen Dateline specials on nicer places than that and trust me, you DON'T want to know!!!!!!