Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day...6 days late

Here is Collin sitting in his line waiting to go to his classroom.
Tuesday was a VERY rainy morning so we took our outside photo on Wednesday.

Katie was not as frustrated that she was not going to school with Collin this year. There has been no stomping of feet and declaring that "Katie goes to Kindergarden!" But she misses Collin so much and this makes me miss him more too. This year she says, "Collin is gone a wary, wary long time."
Collin LOVES first grade. His favorite thing to do is math! He likes it when it is time to get out the math workbook. He loves PE and music and health and eating lunch at school. He likes having recess on a "big kid" playground. He likes having his friend Nathan in his class. He also said he made a new friend named Lily, but he calls her Lily the Second because he already has a friend named Lily at his old school (and church). Today he told me that he told the teacher that in Mrs. Bigelow's class last year he learned that the answer to an addition problem is called a sum and the answer to a subtraction problem is called a difference. And because he told Mrs. Johnston this, he got to put some "honey in his honey pot." (I'm not quite sure what this means, but I do know it's not real honey and it's only paper.) But putting honey in your honey pot is a good thing.

I'd like to take a moment to blame our 8 year old home computer for the lack of blogs. When I click onto my blog, the computer turns off and then back on EVERY TIME!! I'm annoyed, I'm frustrated, I'm really mad. But I have taken a few deep breaths since the last time I decided to try it again, so now I am using the Sonshine School laptop to help feed my blog frenzy. (And if you have seen the Sonshine School laptop, it is probably older, but it's not going crazy on me.)


5 comments:

Gena said...

Oh, as a former Chisholm-ite, I can tell you honey in the honey pot is a VERY GOOD THING. I can't believe Mrs. J is still there. Some things never change. He is going to love first grade.

kj said...

Lily the Second, how stinkin cute is that?!?!?!

She has a honey pot in her class too! In her class when they do good things they get honey in the pot and when the pot is full they all get a sucker or something! (The honey pot is on the board I think and she colors it in...)

Unknown said...

Lily the Second is very sweet. She was Cole's second girlfriend behind Micayla last year. Cole was very sad that she was not in his class this year. We loved Mrs. Johnston when Daniel had her.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

oh yes, the honey pots...you'll be collecting lots of honey pots this year with Collin, I'm sure!

Sada said...

Only the history professor's son would label his friend "the second." haha!