Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jackson Matt

Jackson's arrival was at 8:39am on Monday, October 26. He weighed 7 pounds and 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. Go ahead...check the predictions and see who got closest. It was me! Yip! So I will take that steak dinner sometime soon, thank you Matt!
Surgery should have begun about 7:40am and we had to WAIT a whole hour!! Wow - I wonder what's it's like to not know what time or day you will have your baby - that must be weird.

Katie and Collin had to wait in the parking lot with Pops and Jarre. Mercy was not allowing any kiddos inside the hospital because of swine flu and other illnesses. This news really upset me on Sunday when the nurse called to tell me about the policy. Although I completely understand, I didn't like the fact that Collin and Katie wouldn't see Jackson until he came home.

Thanks Sada for the VERY cute shirts! I love them!

Thank you Catherine - who watched Katie most of the day Monday, so Matt and Pops and Jarre could come be with us in the hospital.

Thank you Stefanie - for picking up Collin from school and doing his homework with him. And THEN picking up both kids the next day and doing more homework and entertaining them.

Thank you Aunt Reese - for driving up from Texas to spend the nights with our kids so Matt could spend the nights with me in the hospital. And thank you for coming to hang out with me while I was in isolation in the hospital.

Thank you Dr. Hager for keeping our baby as safe as possible in my advanced maternal age. You are a great doctor and make surgery lots of fun, really!


Jackson and me - love, love, love him! He is adorable! What did we do before a Jackson was in our life?

On a side note: we have been home almost one week now. Jackson is 10 days old! My sweet Momma is here now to cook our dinner, mop my floors, do our laundry and drive me and the kiddos around wherever we need to go. Thank you, thank you Momma! This leaves me to just concentrate on feeding Jackson and sleeping.

Must go now...baby is calling.





10 comments:

jenn b said...

So, so, so happy for you guys. He is precious! I'm very glad your momma is there so you can enjoy every minute!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

What a sweety! Looks like you are well taken care of! Congrats!

Kayla said...

Tell your mom I have floors that need mopped too!! ;) I thought waiting at the hospital before the csection was terrible! I was having anxiety like crazy. Just knowing I was about to be cut open. I tried hurrying them along!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So excited to finally see him! Glad things are going well for you guys! I'll bring you a casserole when Grandma leaves!

Josh and Kim said...

I'm so happy to see pictures of your little man! Congratulations! He is so sweet!

Marilyn said...

So, is the third c-section even better than the first two? Please tell me it is! Congratulations on sweet little Jackson's arrival!

Andrea said...

congratulations. So precious. So how is three? You look great by the way!!

Those Precious Few said...

I wish we were coming to see you this weekend. I know you are being well-cared for, but man would I like to meet that precious baby in person. Love you and your little (now slightly larger) family!
Kristen

Heidi said...

Congrats Alyssa- he looks like a sweey little man, and I love the name Jackson. Hope you are getting some good rest in between taking care of your clan. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Another boy! So I was wrong on my prediction! :}
Congratulations Matt & Alyssa! Love the pics; he's sooo sweet! :)