Friday, August 6, 2010

I am thankful for old friends. And by old I mean my age.

Elise, Collin, Katie and Grant - It's funny to me how the 4 of the kiddos paired off to play. I would have thought that Collin and Grant would have played together since they are 9 months apart but no.
It's strange to be walking in our neighborhood and see a horse farm but I LOVE it!

Walking in the "haunted forest" near our house. (Note the holding of hands between 9 year old Elise and 7 year old Collin.)

Lisa, Grant, Elise and Andy Gibson
Lisa was one of my first friends when we moved here. Super friendly! Always invited me to playgroups, out to eat, over to their house for dinner! Very generous! Very hospitable! They are also the most frugal people I know! Matt and I always considered ourselves pretty cheap and frugal people until we met them. They can't be beat! Thank you guys for coming to stay with us! It was lots of fun!




3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

OK, Alyssa! You are not allowed to feel old until Collin turns 20, okay? That is just really weird, trust me...

I really like Andy and Lisa too. They were in a BK group with us long ago. Sweet folks! Glad you all got to get together and their kids are still just as cute!

Alyssa said...

Yeah, your right. I don't really feel old and I'm sure the Gibson's don't either.

The Lj's said...

Alyssa- You are right they are the most frugal people EVER but also the most generous! We followed them to Japan and lived in the apartment that they just left and they hooked us up in the most amazing way!