Sunday, October 9, 2011

I married the high school quarterback

Last weekend Matt and I went to his 20 year high school reunion. And here is the salutatorian, quarterback, track star, FCA and NHS president, etc, etc, etc (I can't remember all that he did in high school - but it was a lot).
Out of the 65ish graduates of Post High School in 1991, there were about 25-30 that attended one of the events.
I believe this is the mile relay team of 1991.
And here we are with Matt's proud parents - Pops and Jarre.
Now over the weekend I heard lots and lots of stories about Matt. Some I didn't know and some I had heard before. Here are some quotes.
"Your husband is alive today because I blocked for him."
"Matt McCook was one of the nicest people at Post."
"Wherever Matt McCook is, there is a good time."
"Matt McCook is one of the best friends I ever had."
and Matt's all-time favorite...
"Who are you rootin' for? P-M-S"
oh yes...class of 1991...you have come a long way.

5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You got yourself a great guy!

Catherine said...

Oh my word! "P-M-S!" HAAA!!!! Too funny... unless you were a girl at that school, I bet. Anyway, glad you guys got to go. And see, you guys are the perfect example of what I would NOT expect a quarterback/ cheerleader marriage to look like. You're not even snobby or anything. :-) (You WERE a cheerleader, right? I just KNOW I've heard you say that, even though I find it hard to believe.)

Totally separately: Whole Foods opens WEDNESDAY!!!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I understand the story thing after going to OVC and meeting people from when Bill went to college there.

Marilyn said...

Fun pictures and stories! Sounds like Matt is a celebrity in Post!

Kayla said...

Wow. Didn't know Matt was such a stud in HS. Not that it's hard to believe...just didn't know!