
For the first time in 5 months...Jackson didn't gain weight, he lost 5 ounces! AND he got an "ear infection that manefested in his lungs"?? I didn't even know that was possible!

Then last week he (when he was all well from the lung-ear infection) he got his first dose of the flu shot. He is allergic to egg so he did not get it last year. And he got the flu last winter. And he stopped breathing (briefly) last winter.

But we (pediatrician, allergist, dietician - his team) all decided that it might be best that Jackson to get the flu shot this year because the CDC had changed their recommendations for flu shot and egg allergies.

He has been itchy and rashy since then but NO breathing difficulties (which is WONDERFUL)!!! Yay!! We go back for dose #2 of the flu shot in late November.

However, I guess he scratched one foot so badly that an infection in the scratch caught hold. It could be either a "staff infection or mrsa, it's hard to say," says pediatrician. I said, "No, no, no, no, no!" Not to my sweet precious! No! So....Jackson is on a very strong antibiotic to kill those bad germs. And I'm pretty sure that we will be headed back down to Dallas to see dietician soon because of the weight loss.
Our baby turns 2 next Wednesday, October 26! Please join us in prayer for a healthy year for J, Jumpin J, Jackpot, Chubba Chubba Choo Choo, Chubba, Choo Choo, and Chooch.
5 comments:
Oh, Alyssa! Sweet friend! I'm just sighing heavily for you because (other than praying) I just don't know what else to do. So yes, prayers for sure.
Somehow I missed this post! But I'm glad I saw it now. I will say a prayer for Jackson! He's such a cute little guy. Hopefully the loss is from battling those infections and not his diet!
Poor little man! I hope they can get things figured out and get him well!
One step forward and two steps back. I'll be praying.
Somehow I missed this post too. I'm so sorry to hear this update. I'm still praying for him, & you!
Post a Comment