Today I laughed so hard I cried.
I was nervous to take all 3 kids ice skating without Matt as my helper. But I did it anyway. Collin and Katie went ice skating last winter and loved it.
And this year Jackson joined them!! My phone pictures are pretty horrible of them and I can't get them to upload right now anyway.
Today was fun!
Today was hilarious!
Collin has greatly improved since last year. This year he moved away from the wall. He fell a few times, but he was doing it!
Katie still is not a strong skater and has her dad's feet. But she decided after today that she wanted to take ice skating lessons after basketball was over.
Jackson was awesome!!! I was so nervous to let him on the ice without me right beside him. The owner said he could push a chair around the rink. And he did. And he looked like a bulldozer. He would get going so fast and then turn and kind of slide to the side, like he planned it!
The owner took Jackson on the rink by himself and had Jackson skate to him a bit. He could do it! Without a chair!! I was shocked! The owner is a professional ice skater from Russia. He has an OC connection and he told me that Jackson needs to play hockey!
This news just shocked me and made me laugh! Hockey? What will a sports-loving-football-playing-every-male-is-a-quarterback-and-number-11-for-that-matter family do with an actor and a hockey player for grandsons? Cheer them on I'm sure! :)
Today was glorious! Just what I needed to start this year. A year of no "owie places" for Jackson. A year of good health and breathing deeply and praying and not taking things for granted.
This is what I hope for you in 2013 as well.
2 comments:
I love that story. Love how he didn't breathing issues and hospital visits but a tanker baby zipping around an ice skating rink. Future hockey player for sure!
Oh my word -- so cute and funny. Wish I had seen it, but I kind of can in my mind.
Post a Comment