Monday, April 8, 2013

List Making Monday

I am back.  I've wanted to be back for a while.  This is what we have been up to...

*I turned 39, am loving it, embracing it, crossing things off my list.
*Collin turned 10.  I was in denial about that.  Accepting the fact that he is 10...daily.
*Got another part time job.  This one at OC, working with old ladies who love the school.  I love them.
*Hosted a mom and girlfriend from Montana, my kiddos loved them...us too.
*Took a trip to Lawton, OK to check out the National Cherokee Museum.
*Took a trip to Post, Texas to visit the McCooks.  Ate at Holly's...delish!  Took kiddos and Jarre to the Science Spectrum.  Fun!
*Jackson was retested for food allergies - typical kids grow out of them at age 3.  He is not typical and still has ALL 14!!
*Went with Collin to Dallas to participate in LTC.  Oh so proud of that boy.  Cried through his sign language event.
*Went with Jackson to Dallas to meet with his dietician.  Love her.  We have a plan...again.
*Canceled food challenge scheduled for tomorrow due to Jackson's double ear infection.  Hopefully will get this one rescheduled along with a few more challenges this year.


Things to do:
1.  Investigate ways to get insurance to pay for necessary formula...take 3.
2.  See a food therapist with Jackson.  The boy won't really eat, prefers the liquid diet.  Praying for success.
3.  Blog more often because I am a way better scrapbooker when I can look back at my blog.
4.  Read my Bible and pray every day, pray every day, pray every day.
5.  Practice what I preach.

7 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Bless you Alyssa! Love hearing about your busy life and the kiddos. I never thought about the blog helping with scrapping but I hope it helps me as I'm about 5 years behind now. I promise life will slow down a little - just hang on. Keep doing 4 and 5!

Alyssa said...

Should clarify...a mom of a student from Montana Nd student's girlfriend...also from Montana. I really chose poor wording. Thank you Matt for realizing what I said.

Alyssa said...

Should clarify...a mom of a student from Montana Nd student's girlfriend...also from Montana. I really chose poor wording. Thank you Matt for realizing what I said.

John Wilguess said...

So glad you're back! So appreciate your comments and thinking. Continuing to pray for health solutions and healing answers and insurance that helps rather than frustrates. Unfortunately, we know all too well. Blessings and welcome back!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Glad your back. Would love to hear more about the museum in Lawton you went to since Devonne and I are traveling with girl scouts.

Catherine said...

Yeah. I gotta get back to #4 &5 better too. Not as bad as I used to be, but not where I want to be. And I've GOT to figure how to do my new blog. Don't see the weird malware message we talked about when I look at your blog, BTW.

Unknown said...

So good to read about the McCooks again, I love your family! I'd wondered about that new OC position, am still praying about Jackson's health.