
Collin attends the largest elementary school in Edmond. There are 850 kids that attend Charles Haskell Elementary. The thought of sending him here really did scare me. I considered 1) moving, 2) sending him to OCA, 3) homeschooling, 4) holding him back a year or 5) let him attend. But he LOVES his class and his school and his teacher and so do I. I'm so glad I didn't let my fears hold him back. Here he is in the yellow station for Buddy Reading.

The Red Station for Handwriting. There was a game here at the handwriting station during Open House.

Collin and his friend Lily. They have known each other since they were infants, been in SSS together since Mrs. Joni and Mrs. Tamika days and now they are in Kindergarten together.

Mrs. Bigelow and Collin. Mrs. Bigelow was Haskell's Teacher of the Year last year and I think she is wonderful. She is so patient and calm with 24 5 year olds. And she has taught them so much stuff.

Mrs. Bigelow advised that sometime in May we should come eat breakfast in the cafeteria so Collin could practice going through the line. (Kindergarten in Edmond is still 1/2 day so they eat lunch at home.) When Collin heard this announcement it meant that we should eat breakfast there the next day. So Friday morning, Katie, Collin and I feasted on pancakes and syrup and juice. My opinion was that the breakfast was not great. Collin loved the pancakes and Katie thought the apple juice (her favorite) was icky. You know what...it really was icky. I think we will just keep eating breakfast at home and pack his lunch next year.
3 comments:
How fun!! I love Charles Haskell! That's where I went all through elementary! AND, I had Mrs. Bigelow for 3rd grade math! She taught me my multiplication tables through song! I still remember it clearly! Oh yeah, the juice there is still the same and definitely icky!
Looks like a fun time for you guys!!! Glad Collin is doing so well!
Ths post makes me cry!
I just thought you might like to know that you may go through the same thought process when Colin goes to middle school. Needless to say I didn't let my fear for Will going to middle school hold him back. He loves it.
www.the5arbuckles.com
Post a Comment