Monday, April 12, 2010

Pooh's Special Friend

Collin FINALLY got to be Pooh's Special Friend. It's kinda like a "Student of the Week" type deal for his first grade class. Although he tells me at 7:15 this morning..."I'm Pooh's Special Friend today." Ok...what does that mean? "Fill a bag with stuff for show and tell and you and dad come to my school at 10:30 for the interview." HUH??? Shouldn't Mom get a note about this? "No. I know about it. Just come at 10:30. Then you and dad can take me out to eat for lunch." I call the school at 8:05 to talk to teacher and then go about painting the "black bathroom". Teacher calls back and says to come on up to school today. I change out of the painting clothes, wake up Katie (still asleep at 10 am), change Jackson, go pick up Matt and arrive at school smiling and fearing the 1st grade interview.
No pictures...I was too nervous to take any...the kids grilled Matt and me and Collin and Katie with questions like, "What do you do while Collin is at school?" "What is American history?" "Why do you only work on Tuesday and Thursday?" "Where are your parents taking you for lunch?" "How many wars were there?" "Do college kids have to do more work than us?" "Why don't your parents have a safety net around their trampoline?", etc. etc. etc.
Collin LOVED being the center of attention. Can you believe it?

5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, I can't believe that happened! I think we got plenty of notice from the teacher when we did that. We had to submit pics for the bulletin board earlier in the week, maybe that was my notice.

Way to go with the flow...

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Did you feel like you were in a movie? I think something like that happened on City Slickers.

Tessa said...

What would have happened if you couldn't drop everything and appear in class at 10:30? I think there should be notice. Had that happened in our family there would have been problems!

Marilyn said...

Wow, what a morning! Glad it all worked out okay & that Collin enjoyed it :-)

Lesley said...

no notice?? man! loved the questions they asked!!