Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Way Back Wednesday: Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thanks to my trusty journal, I see that Saturday, May 30 began with breakfast at 8am. I am certain that I ran down the 3 flights of stairs to the breakfast room and grabbed the 4 boxes of Frosties and 4 grape jellies and hurried back on up the stairs. Then we headed out to see St. Paul's Cathedral. BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! Matt and Collin opted to climb the 1000+ stairs up to the look out. Katie and I (and an in-utero Jackson) opted to just climb the stairs up to the "Whispering Gallery" and stop. Seriously - I don't know how I made it up the stairs because I remember carrying Katie part of the spiral up. And Jackson felt heavier and heavier that day although I was a mere 4 months along.
After touring St. Paul's we walked to the Tower of London (not a short walk by the way, for an already tired prego, a 6 year old and a 3 year old in a stroller). We made it! Along the way, our tour guide pointed out this facinating little alley way. Do you recognize it? Harry Potter was filmed here - it's part of Diagon Alley!

Made it to the Tower of London. Here is the spot where Anne Bolyn (and others) were executed. Interesting book, interesting movie, more interesting to see the actual tower where she was kept and later killed.


Family photo at the Tower of London.
We spent our "free time" that day by exploring more at the Tower of London - great, facinating place. Too much to do and see in the short time allotted by the OC time slot. Loved it! That evening Matt and the college kids went to see Les Miserables. My mom and kids and I went on back to the hostel to go to bed early and sleep off more of our jet lag.




No comments: