We then headed over to the British Museum. Ate lunch in the cafe' inside. Had to evacuate because a suspicious backpack was left inside the cafe' and security was checking it for bombs!! Yep...a little scary. When things were clear, we collected our items left behind on the table at the time of the evacuation and headed into to see the wonderful British Museum. LOVED IT!!! Collin, Katie and I followed a kid's guide to the museum. The guide sent us on "adventures" to different sections finding different items. The kids even got to dress up in part of the adventure (note for scrapbooking purposes: get picture from Momma). Loved seeing the Rosetta Stone! Loved seeing the Elgin Marbles! Loved seeing the Black Obelisk from 860BC. BC!! Wonderful! Can't wait to go back and do it again!
Did not get some great pictures here...I'm hoping my mom did. Did you Momma? I can't remember the exact name of this playground but something like "The Princess Diana Memorial Playground". Oh so fun! Set up like Peter Pan and the Lost Boys in their little village, nearby is Captain Hooks ship in some sand and a great big alligator to climb on. Slides, digging, running, playing, hopping, hiding, relaxing - oh so fun.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
WBW: Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought the changing of the guard was overrated and I was in the closer location.
Fun stuff! We loved the British museum as well. I am with you guys on the changing of the guard!
Post a Comment