Are you ready to catch up on the last 11 weeks?
Katie and Jackson have played well together. These 2 are SO much alike!
We watched Dad perform with THE Wes McKinzie of AVB fame.
We cheered on Dad as he sang about studying history to college students.
Jackson had his 2nd first day of school in the Starburst Baby class. He was needing to repeat the class.
Miss Kate had her first day of PreK.
Katie played an entire season of soccer.
This is what we saw every Saturday. Katie loves the freedom of running that a soccer field affords.
Jackson had a photo shoot for the ACU Today. Oh darn...his hand is blurry!
Collin lost tooth #1! Finally!
This guy has learned to get into just about everything!
Collin lost tooth #2 at Frontier City. He did not get to give it to the tooth fairy because he threw it on the ground thinking it was something strange in his granola bar. The tooth fairy still came though.
I enjoyed a fun-filled day at Frontier City with Collin and Katie.
Jackson has learned to climb our very steep staircase...causing me great anxiety about WHY in the world we purchased a house with STAIRS!!! What were we thinking??
Collin had his 2nd grade program..."HOW I BECAME A PIRATE". He did a great job!
We attended Matt's 15 year reunion at ACU and met up with some wonderful friends!
Matt and life-long friend Ryan.
While attending Matt's reunion dinner, a college student who was checking everyone into the dinner said, "Mrs. McCook? Did you use to teach science at Northland Christian School?" Oh my. Little Patrick with the blond hair and glasses is now tall Patrick an ACU sophomore!
While in Abilene, we ran by Matt's Grandpa's store. We really didn't think the store was still open since he had sold it in 2000. It was neat to see that it is still there in the same location.
Dad and Katie had fun at Dads and Donuts.
Collin was the first Star Student in his class. Here he is with his fabulous teacher!
We celebrated cousin Chandler's 3rd birthday in Texas.
Forced all our Okie babies to pose with the Texas sign. Jackson was not happy about it. I guess he really likes Oklahoma and wishes our Texas pride to simmer down.
We discovered Katie had snuck out of bed, took some toys to the bathroom and played until she fell asleep.
Had some fun at our church's Trunk or Treat. Katie is Peter Pan, Jackson a pumpkin and Collin is Harry Potter. Collin WON a costume contest at our Bible class' Halloween party! He was so excited! He received 3 boxes of Nerds for winning.
Here is teary-eyed me at work celebrating Jackson's 1st birthday with a hug from Ralph the dog.
Collin had a Storybook Parade at his school.
Had our DOUBLE birthday party. Jackson turned 1 on October 26 and 8 days later on November 3, Katie turned 5. We had a soccer cake for Katie and Jackson had a lovely pumpkin muffin minus the eggs adding applesauce. He ate it! Yea! Success!
I have become quite the recipe adapter since Jackson is allergic to milk, eggs, soy, peanuts and peas (which include all legumes). He still is having a meal made separately from the rest of us, which is not what I prefer but maybe by his 2nd birthday he will grow out of some of these allergies. I'm praying about it.
Collin and Katie helped Jackson open his birthday presents.
Poppa and Grammy came up to celebrate our double birthdays. Katie got some Twinkle Toes!! She loves them. Thank you Grammy and Poppa.
They gave Jackson his baby scrapbook. Time for me to get busy working on that.
We visited the Dinosaur Museum. Later this evening Jackson would pull one of his all-time best stunts. He dumped an entire bowl of queso on Dad. Dad rode home pantless trusting that the tinting in our van was sufficient.
We all crammed in the back of the Honda while the tinting was adjusted on the van.
Jackson got his first haircut. Sniff...sniff.
Katie was Star Student in the PreK Pond.
Collin played the role of Jester...the best Jester ever...in the Frog Prince.
We purchased a membership to the science museum. Here Collin and Katie are riding in the Mercury capsule.
And lastly, Collin read some of the announcments at his school's weekly assembly. He did a great job!
Well, in a nutshell....I'm back to blogging. I will make another post on what I learned in my study "Becoming a Woman of Simplicity." I'm looking forward to catching up on all my favorite blogs now...what have you guys been up to?
7 comments:
Ok, I see you at least twice a week and didn't know most of that stuff. This is why blogs are important! :) Glad you're back!
Looked like fun times!! Glad you are back!
Wow! That was a lot of stuff! Peggy was Dawson's 2nd grade teacher! She is sweet. Katie is adorable as ever and I love Jackson's face on top of the Texas sign. Priceless!
I'm so glad your back. It was neat to see how much happens in 11 weeks.
YEA! Glad your back!
Yay, you're back! That was a fun update. Don't know that I wanted to know about the queso incident, but it did make me laugh out loud!
I loved reading the catch up! And laughed out loud quite a few times! Your kids are precious!!
Post a Comment