Well, this picture does misrepresent a bit. Nine cans of EleCare Vanilla cost $405 and Jackson only needs 8 cans a month. But the formula pyramid just didn't look right with only 8 cans. You know, just when I think I've got EVERYTHING figured out with Jackson's diet I'll read a food label for the 1000th time and see WHEAT or HIGH EXPELLER PRESSED SUNFLOWER OIL in it and say "oh dear...well, no wonder." So, let's update our no drinking list: NO milk, almond milk, goat's milk, soy milk, rice milk (due to the high expeller pressed sunflower oil). We have also ruled out oat milk and banana milk because of zero nutritional value but friends those milks are out there if you want or need them. So Jumpin J is on EleCare Vanilla and he guzzles it! Seriously guzzles it! He takes 8 oz with breakfast and 8 oz with dinner and a calcium-fortified juice at lunch or any other time. If he didn't like the stuff or I didn't think it was working I would quit buying it. I have really only purchased 3 cans at the full price of $45 through Target Pharmacy. Then a friend said she had purchased some formula on ebay. I said, "Really? Because it's a prescription. Can they do that?" Actually EleCare is only a special order not a RX so I have been bargain shopping on ebay. And I purchased well, let's say enough cans to last me from now until August at only $18/can!! I'm so pumped! Haven't been this excited about a purchase in a long while. After 2 weeks on the formula his skin is looking clearer, he seems happier (but he was always a happy baby), I think he feels fuller and we are now at 5% for weight on the growth chart!!! He has been below 5% for 6 months - like unrecordable below 5%. And he has gotten taller!! He is now 31" which puts him at 10%!! Yippie! We are so excited around here! Now, we will not be taking any vacations for a while but we are thrilled that Jackson has something nutritional to drink!PS. Lack of blogging due to work laptop (my blog laptop) getting a virus. A bad virus. A need-to-replace-the-whole-thing virus. And since my home computer (a year 2000 purchase from dissertation days) likes to restart itself when I go to my blog I've just not been able to update. I've had a talk with the year 2000 and he's decided to cooperate just this once. Things are looking up around here.
6 comments:
Oh Mama! That is awesome! So have you found these "cheap" cans since Monday!? That is absolutely brilliant. So excited for you!
Glad you put your bargain shopping skills to use!!! I appreciate your hard work....I think I would be pretty frustrated with the search.Blessings on Jackson and your whole family!
Glad he loves it and is growing!! That's great!!
Oh my. Thankful he is getting better. Hope you don't have to start pimping yourself out :)
Oh my! You need my sub pay more than me ;-) I'm glad you are continually learning ways to help your sweet boy!
His growth is great! I am so happy he is on the growth chart now.
Post a Comment