Thursday, August 18, 2011

End of Summer

We took our kiddos back to the Science Museum. Even though we go so often, we have never attended the "Science Live" show. It was great! And Collin was called up on stage to assist with one of the experiments. He threw salt (I think) on a candle and it made fire. He was a ham and very excited and expressive on the stage. Wish I could have recorded it.
Little fun fact: Did you know that this is the WORLD'S tallest spiral slide? Yep. Right here in Oklahoma!
Katie loves the tree house playground. And now we transition our Science Museum fun to the State Capitol! Let me tell you, the kids were thrilled!
The winning entry in the state flag contest.
Matt and the kids on the never-used-anymore marble staircase.
Counting all the steps leading up to the front.

I think I'm starting to develop a love for this state.
Let's Explore Oklahoma Part 5: Capitol Tours, FREE, every hour on the hour from 9-3 Monday through Friday. An excellent way to wrap up our summer study of Oklahoma. 4 stars. Must see.
And we ended our day of fun with a trip to one of our favs...Pops! Love me some Nehi Grape. Look away from the onion rings on my plate - look away.
Katie with Kiddy Piddle from the "Sodadisgusting" selection and Collin with the Leninade.
Jackson enjoying some Pops Jackson friendly french fries. Yay!
Great way to end the summer!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Yup, Pops is too cool -- except while you're waiting outside in the heat for a table. Not so cool then, I guess. :-) Maybe we'll get to do THAT this weekend instead of my Seminole getaway. :-I Last comment: Marble never-used-anymore steps.... never used, except for wedding pics. We have some wedding photos done on that staircase that I kinda like. Beautiful staircase! Haven't done the tour though -- ought to!

Catherine said...

Forgot to mention: wish I could've seen Collin in the Science Live show -- bet he was great! (How did Jackson handle the noise, though? Parts of that show are a bit intense with the loudness!)

Ashley said...

How fun that Collin got to help in the show! So cute!

Great pictures!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

We have the world's tallest spiral slide? Since when? I'm sad we missed out on this!!! But glad for you guys :)

Kayla said...

Such a fun and memorable summer!!!

Kristen said...

Can we please go to Pops next time we visit you?