Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Field Trip to the Governor's Mansion

 I've had the Governor's Mansion tour on our list since last summer.  But they don't give tours in the summer.  And they only do them on the first and third Wednesday every month.  So, off we went on the 3rd Wednesday of May.  This was my last opportunity while taking only 1 child out of school!
 It was worth it!  It is a really neat, old house.
 I love this table!  It's made from a barn door!  They did not let us tour the upstairs part because the family was in town.  But they did invite us back for Septemberfest and we will surely put that on our calendar to see if we can make it!
 This was labeled "Survivor Tree"  I think it's a part of the tree at the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial.  But I'm not sure.
 On the front porch of the mansion.
 Looking across to the Oklahoma shaped pool!  It was a hot May day, so we all wanted to go jump in the pool and go down the slide!

And right there is our state capitol.  Jackson Bill Round 2 begins after the summer elections.  Friends, let's make some changes.

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I've only been once myself but enjoyed it. Do they still have the embroidered seats in the formal dining room?

Lisa Renee said...

REALLY pretty! I just caught up! You have been SUPER busy! Those kids just keep getting cuter!! Would love to hug your neck again if you make it back out again this year!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Be sure to go for Septemberfest. It's a lot of fun.

My dad met Governor Henry in the peanut patch, while attending Septemberfest one year.

Gena said...

Time to run for office, Mrs. McCook. Seriously. Great pics.