Jackson, Katie and I left right after morning kindergarten to head to Abilene, Tx to attend my mom's "surprise" retirement party. About 2 hours from my parent's house, Jackson began to throw up. I stopped and cleaned up him/carseat/van as best I could and continued on. Let's just say this drive was not fun as he threw up a few more times before we reached my parents house! Here is Grammy holding our sick Jackson!
My mom began teaching at Wylie High School in 1974. Here is one her favorite students from the 70s! She taught Chemistry, Physics, PreCalculus and Trygonometry - I'm not sure I can spell Tryg. She is one smart cookie!
Most of my mom's family came into town for her "surprise" retirement party. The fact that they came WAS a surprise! This is one of my mom's aunts! Hello Aunt Sandy!
My mom's baby brother! Hello Uncle Gene!
In 1995 my mother became the principal at Lawn Elementary/Middle School just outside Abilene. Remember Colt McCoy?? She was his middle school principal. Here she is receiving recognition from this small town's Library for helping create their story hour in the summer.
Later in the evening, Jim Ned Schools presented a lovely slide show of her Jim Ned years. It was pretty fantastic. My mom is awesome! I really didn't know ALL that she did for that school. It was lots. And she is fantastic and cutting edge and oh I want to be 1/2 as good as her!! But I'm just bragging now!
My mom and one of her favorite students from the 90's and a teacher who began teaching with her back in the 70s.
Katie Koosh enjoying the party!
Jackson finally had to be put in the stroller as he was seen repeatedly pushing down his younger but larger cousin Grayson! Sorry cousin! Hopefully that was just a one day phase!
Many, many people collected money to send my mom and dad off on a vacation. And you know what? They left. The Saturday after school was out and flew to Lake Tahoe! Yay Momma and Daddy! We are so thrilled for my parents that retirement is here! It's here also for my dad as he "retired" a while ago. But now that my mom has officially retired, he really is too! Hopefully they will burn the road (or airways) many times between Abilene and OKC! Love you Momma and Daddy! See ya next week!
2 comments:
Oh dear! Just realized that I never did ask how it went, so I did not know about the VOMIT! Lovely! But I know your mom must have been thrilled to have everyone there. And the money/ trip thing is WAY awesome! Looking forward to seeing them here more often -- not just for birthdays and hospital visits and the like...
What Catherine said, and trigonometry has an i, not a y. :) I can't spell much, but that one I know. ;)
Post a Comment