Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Disney claims to be the place where dreams come true. But I've never dreamed of having Stitch belch his chili dog in my face." - Matt McCook

 Day 1 in the Magic Kingdom and we took 3 pictures.  I'm guessing we were too busy having fun.
 This area by Space Mountain became Jackson's "get out of the stroller and run around" area.  Collin and Katie got to ride Space Mountain several times due to rider switch program.  Chubba played Thomas the train on the white benches.
So glad Matt snapped a photo of this.  Because everytime I rode Splash Mountain with Collin and Katie they would laugh and laugh when we got to this part.  And that folks is the end of Day 1 (in pictures) in the Magic Kingdom.

Commentary:
1.  WDW Railroad:  our Chubba Chubba Choo Choo loved this ride
2.  Swiss Family Treehouse - when prepping for our trip we first watched Swiss Family Robinson.  All kids loved seeing the treehouse and imagined what it would be like to have this house in our backyard!
3.  Magic Carpets of Aladdin - rode this with my Katie.  I'll never forget her giggly laugh as we rode this at night!!
4.  Enchanted Tiki Room - I think I preferred the "under new management" version.
5.  Jungle Cruise - Collin laughed and laughed at all the corny jokes told on this ride!!  Jackson slept through it all.
6.  Pirates of the Caribbean - big kiddos loved it, Jackson slept through it.
7.  Splash Mountain - rode at least 6 times and it's a pretty long ride.  Pure Disney fun!
8.  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - also a very fun one!  K and C rode this many, many times.  They felt so brave by holding their hands up the whole time!
9.  Tom Sawyer Island - never made it out to the island this trip due to rain
10.  Country Bear Jamboree - you know, in all my trips to the World I've never seen the Jamboree.  comments friends?  What are we missing?
11.  The Hall of Presidents - love it.  I like to look over at Matt when people start clapping for certain presidents.  Lincoln usually gets the first yahoo.  Collin cheered for Polk because he did a report on him last year.  Matt and I roll our eyes when people start to cheer.  It's our thing.
12.  Liberty Square Riverboat - also have never done this.  Comments?
13.  Haunted Mansion - Jackson did not like "dat".  Katie plugged her ears the bulk of the ride.  Collin semi liked it.  I think we need to check out this movie, because we apparently forgot to do our homework.
14.  it's a small world - always so fun!
15.  Peter Pan's Flight - excellent
16.  Mickey's PhilarMagic - favorite 3D movie!  Matt loves the food smells, I kinda don't.
17.  Prince Charming Regal Carrousel - we didn't ride this time
18.  Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - LOVED this ride because Jackson LOVED it so much!!  We rode about 3+ times and it was always fun with him!!
19.  Mad Tea Party - didn't do it this trip
20.  Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Jackson loved this too!!!  Wondering why he didn't love the dino ride at AK.  And the newly improved wait area is FANTASTIC!!
21.  Barnstormer - CK loved it!
22.  Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station - very fun on a 92 degree day.
23.  Tomorrowland Speedway - I rode with KJ, Matt rode with C.  This was terribly hard to do with Katie, who couldn't keep the car steering straight.  I laughed so hard I cried.
24.  Space Mountain - Katie's favorite at MK!!
25.  Astro Orbiter - didn't do it this time
26.  Tomorrowland Transit Authority - always fun
27.  Carousel of Progress - there's a great big beautiful tomorrow!  a must do, every time.
28.  Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - oh so fun!  And I won!  I always do!  By like 15,000 points.  And I had Jackson in my lap.  I rock.
29.  Stitch's Great Escape - Matt, Collin and Katie rode only.  Matt and I prefer the alien encounter.
30.  Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - this was ok.  I think I liked the old Robin Williams robot movie better though.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012  Day 7


2 comments:

Ashley said...

We went to Disneyworld when I was 11. My daddy, a friend, and I did the alien encounter. I have never been more terrified in my life! I almost ripped my dad's arm off :)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow, your notes are so thorough! You could help out Dan's cousin Carl on his website, Dad's Guide to DW.

I always loved the Country Bear Jamboree. It's cute and cool in there. Better than the Tiki Room for sure.