We started our day with worship in our condo. It is very nice to do family worship time when we are away. We also like visiting local churches but there were none nearby. After that we headed into the park! I was still trying to do a non-ponytail (which is my standard hairstyle). I had forgotten about the Florida humidity! 92 degrees and muggy! Love it! We were so happy to be at Epcot!!
Our first character sighting was Daisy Duck! Jackson wanted none of her! And decided at that point that those characted thingys were not for him.
Katie liked the characters. Collin tolerated taking his picture with them.
Katie and Mommy riding Living with the Land.
Jackson and Mommy waiting while the big kids and Dad rode Soarin'. Collin and Katie loved it!! So I got to do rider switch and they both rode with me too!
Playing around after Journey into the Imagination with Figment.
At the trading post.
Canada! O Canada!
A little commentary about some of the attractions:
1. Spaceship Earth - we haven't been to the World in 6 years but I do know something has changed about this. The going back down the ride used to show technology changes because I specifically remember a "dad" talking to his "child" via computer (like Skype). But maybe since we all actually do that now, they deleted it. Things that make me go hmmmm.
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure - I love this one! However, being at Disney in July during it's peak season, I thought the place would have been packed. We were on this ride with about 4 other families. If you've ridden it before, you know how strange that must have felt. Kiddos really enjoyed it. Jackson fell asleep while hiding his eyes from the dinosaur.
3. Mission: Space - I did the green team with the kids. They loved it! I felt car sick. I just don't like those simulator rides. Then they did orange team with Matt and loved it more.
4. Test Track - closed. Bummer. They are making a new and improved test track. So when you go Momma and Daddy and Aunt Reese and cousins it will be open for you!
5. Innoventions - The sum of all thrills was a new one since we had been last. You get to design your own rollercoaster and then ride it. Collin and Matt did it because Katie wasn't tall enough. She was extremely sad over this!
6. The Seas with Nemo and friends - Love it. Jackson loved it! Pure Disney fun right there!
7. Turtle Talk with Crush - also super fun and entertaining!
8. Soarin' - Both older kiddos got to ride twice with each of us! It is a fun and unique ride.
9. Living with the Land - I'm always amazed at the fun and different things they grow here. And...we spotted our first hidden Mickey with the shrimp!
10. Circle of Life - good enviromental movie. They used to have a food pyramid animitronics kind of thing over in this area too. We were glad that has been deleted!
11. Journey Into Imagination With Figment - Collin loved this! He laughed so loud at times I thought he was fake laughing.
12. Captain EO - Remember Honey I shrunk the Audience? Well, you might wait until that returns. Because Captain EO was...different. Michael Jackson. Doing some saving the day business and singing. Apparently that was the 3D movie here in 1984. And maybe it was his death that made Disney people get it out of the vault. Good to see once. Wouldn't mind having Honey I Shrunk come back.
13. Image Works - good play area that Jackson could get out of the stroller and run around in. We were a handful of families in there. But it was air-conditioned and again, Jackson could run around.
14. Mexico: Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros - so fun! no wait! again...we are wondering where these peak season crowds are!
15. Norway: Maelstrom - fun boat ride and film afterward
16. China: Reflections of China film - so interesting. Love to see this.
17. America: The American Adventure - this was the only thing we didn't get to do at Epcot! :( next time!
18. France: Impressions de France film - this was a fun film to watch because we had been to many of the places they mentioned in the film. Collin and Katie even could identify places and we aren't totally sure how much Katie remembers about that trip.
19. Canada: O Canada! film - They have redone this video adding Martin Short. I think I like it better without him. Although I do like Martin Short.
We ate dinner at the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China. Jackson could eat the rice!! And of course we had packed food for him. A wonderfully, fabulous day at Epcot.
Sunday, July 15, 2012 Day 5
3 comments:
Sounds like some things should be updated...I am wondering if they still have that sports and fitness building where you try different sports and they also had a great movie with Martin Short about how babies are made...loved that!
Robin - I remember that Martin Short movie. Where was that? They no longer have the sports and fitness building I guess - we first went in 2003 and I never remember seeing that anywhere.
I loved Soaring.
I was a little disappointed with test track. I only remember going around in circles. I wanted twists and turns.
Post a Comment