Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not sure what to title this...

I don't know why I have been waking up at about 4:00 the past 3 mornings...maybe my list of things to do just keeps running through my head and I suddenly wake up thinking I need to get something done.

To Do:
Speak to sister-in-law Kristen on phone BEFORE trip - no more phone tag
Laundry
Pack
Bills paid before we leave
Extra keys made and given to Catherine and Sarah
Give garage door opener to someone - just feel like someone needs to have that
Pictures taken of house just in case it sells and my stuff is moved out before our return
Make lawn arrangements
Surrender checkbook and credit card to Sarah - VERY nervous about this action :)
Call bank to say, "We will be making purchases in Europe. Please allow our money to go there. Unless you see some suspicious check writing and then call Sarah."
Oh yeah - have Sarah added to account
Develop all pictures on camera, so there is room for new pictures
Probably need to purchase another little camera card thingy
And need to buy a backup battery for video camera
Buy kid's benadryl, tylenol, adult benadryl and tylenol
Also get to purchase some FABULOUS compression hose to wear on the 9 hour flight!!
Get a sonogram - look carefully and notice if the sonogram tech leaves the room and has someone else come back in, if so...it has something to do with my "advance maternal age" - just LOVE to keep hearing that phrase
Remind myself daily why in the world Matt and I signed up for this trip.
Thank all the people who have said, "Is there anything I can do for you before, during, or after your trip?" Because I may be calling or emailing you tomorrow.
Finish off SSS in style...and by that I mean - sneak into the newly deadbolted Fellowship Central, take out MoonBounce and cars (and I should save Ralph too), place items outside and hope no one asks how I got them out of there.


And about a couple of things on my list...
I guess this might be our official blog announcement: Surprise! We are having baby #3 in October - that is the ONLY reason I will be buying the FABULOUS compression hose! And the only reason I'm having a sonogram on Friday. And no...we are not the find out kind...not until the big day. And P.S. Collin and Katie will be finding out about the new arrival on Friday. Yes, we will finally tell our children.

I do realize that Matt and I are exhibiting some VERY crazy behavior. 1) Going to Europe with a 6 year old, 3 year old, one of "advanced maternal age", and 24 college kids; 2) Putting our house on the market while gone; 3) Leaving checkbook and credit card in the hands of friend...so if anyone needs to schedule an intervention...you only have 4 days.

15 comments:

Gena said...

Oh my goodness. Congratulations!!! I know the kids are going to be so excited. Well, no wonder you're waking up at 4 every morning. Have a great trip, and be careful!

kj said...

Okay...

#1. Lily can tell Collin if you'd like! ; )

#2. I have been waking at 4 for the last 3 days too, NOT for the reasons and my reasons LESS of a REASON now!!!! Yikes

#3. Give us the garage remote and we'll take care of the yard! (And when I saw WE I mean DJ!)

PRAYING FOR YOU!

kj said...

let me retype #2...

I have been waking at 4 for the last 3 days too, NOT for the same reasons you have, and now my reasons seem LESS IMPORTANT!!!! Yikes

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

We'll be praying for you to get everything done before you go, your safety while your gone, and for a safe return.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, girl. I see a lot of deep breathing in your future. I'm sure this will strengthen your faith. It sounds like you have thought of everything and whatever you haven't, I bet Sarah can handle. ENJOY!

P.S. I have some Jobst compression hose if you want to borrow them. They are so expensive! Have them from that varicose vein surgery that didn't work back in 2005! Let me know, I don't mind at all!

Kayla said...

I can't imagine being pregnant and going to Europe. Have fun!!

Summer said...

Lady,

You are fabulous and I am so jealous that you get to take your kids on this great adventure! I can't mow, cook, or clean but I am great at take-out so let me know if you get hungry :)!

Lisa said...

Wow--That's quite a list! I'll be praying that everything gets done and goes smoothly! I've been meaning to offer a loan of maternity clothes...since you said you got rid of all baby things, I didn't know if that meant maternity clothes too. Anyway...I have plenty of clothes if you need any and want to borrow. Just let me know!

Laura said...

Just what you need... another thing on your list: download and test skype! I CANNOT make it 7 weeks with out talking to you!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Okay, let me try this again! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! October is great month!!! I suspected, but didn't want to ask. I am wondering however, what is advanced maternal age. I didn't think you were much older than me. Breathe deep, have fun!

Mandy said...

Hey old lady,
Are you planning on giving benadryl to your kids to make them sleep? Have you tried it out on them yet? You should. We gave it to Mase one night to make him sleep, he bounced off the walls of the hotel room for hours while the rest of us laid in bed with pillows over our heads. I can just see Katie trying to fly the plane while you and Matt are passed out. ; )
You SHOULD buy another camera card thing and a back up battery for your camera.
Have fun!

Serena said...

Looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday, and know Mack & Swirl will get some good TLC while your away! So EXCITED for you guys...what an ADVENTURE! :)

Anonymous said...

You can check #1 off the list!
We'll be in touch with you all through email. Hope the ultrasound was good today!

Tonya Tuggle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a blessing! You are in our prayers...that means you are like 4 mos pregnant!? You look great! Have fun in Europe. I am with Andrea...what is "advanced maternal age"?!!!