Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have a thing for drama

Collin's first performance of the year at Edmond Fine Arts Institute! Here he plays the part of the fat, green bug in the play "The Ugly Green Bug"! He was an awesome fat, green bug!
Collin playing the role of the lamp in the "There's a Nightmare in My Closet". Did you know one could have a part as a lamp?

Collin is a shark that turns to a guppy in a friend's "pretend box" play. All the kids in class get a chance to look through the pretend box and then write or help write their own play. These are often the most funny plays. You really get to step inside the mind of a 5 and 6 year old.

Collin's pretend box play was about a magician with some bad hands. Apparently a potion this magician had made years ago had gone terribly wrong and turned his hands into monster hands.

One of his potions students tried to help him get rid of the horrible hands but instead he melted.
Collin and I are reading Harry Potter #2 right now...thus the wizard teaching potions, although he said he was not playing Snape, he was a completely different potions teacher. And one of his favorite movies is the Wizard of Oz, so of course he had to melt.
We SO enjoy seeing Collin's productions. He is definitely in his element.




5 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my goodness, I am so signing Mia up for this.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, we love FAI! Weston is still active there on the Teen Board and volunteers at their summer camps! I think it's a wonderful place. Is Susan S. his teacher?

Kayla said...

That does look fun! Sometimes Avery loves to perform, sometimes she just wants to hide. I'll have to look this up. Maybe we can watch some of the plays!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. I hope you got them documented on video.
My word verification is notchipp

Alyssa said...

Robin - Susan is his teacher. We love her! She is really good and so patient!

And Kristen - huh? notchipp? I'm sorry... this baby is turning my brain to mush...huh?