Saturday, October 3, 2009

Soccer Monster

Katie has called herself a "soccer monster" since Halloween of 2008. Have you seen the Halloween Backyardigans movie? Well, I know you will want to check it out. There is a very fine episode about soccer in that movie. Here is our Kate, the soccer monster.
Her first soccer game.

Today (not this picture) Katie kicked the ball from half-court (or whatever you call it in soccer) and scored her first goal!!! We are so proud!


Having fun at half-time. Katie and her friend on her right have to be split up during the games because they tend to distract each other OR you might say they have fun and forget they are playing soccer.



Katie likes to taunt the ref by trying to kick the ball away from him.

You will often see our sweet Coach Lesley redirecting our little Kate.

Matt thinks Katie would rather play golf instead of soccer. She tends to gravitate toward the out of bounds flags...just to make sure they are firmly planted.

Run this way Kate.

Coach Lesley and the Sassy Sisters: A, C, A, Katie, M, M, C, R...just in case other mommies don't want their kid's names or pictures broadcast on my blog. It's only read by my family, a few friends AND an anonymous member of the community who has yet to come forward. But maybe that person only liked to read my blogs about Europe. Yep, those were their favorite.









4 comments:

Lesley said...

It's mid field Alyssa! Mid field! Not half court!! ;)
I love Katie's smile and energy! If only i could get some of it! ;)

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I can't believe those girls are old enough to play soccer.

I've been watching Justin play soccer for 5 years and I can't say I would have remembered it was mid field.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So did Katie know what she did when she scored?!