Thursday, April 22, 2010

Star Struck

I have been a fan of Acapella since 1987. Been to a few of their concerts over the past 23 years. I did a little Keith Lancaster stalking while in Nashville, Tennessee in the summer of 2000. He was leading singing at the church we were visiting. Stalked him. Had him sign my church bulletin. Had him take photo with me. In 2002 - was at a Christmas party at the University presidents home. Looking in the Master bath. Met Wes McKinzie and wife in master bath. Star struck. I can't say anything smart. Our paths have crossed occasionally over the past 8 years. Fast forward to tonight...I see Wes McKinzie on stage with Acapella. Yep, star struck. I will be sporting my Acapella t-shirt for the next 3 days - well, at least until Jackson spits up on it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have had some similar experiences. When I was a teen, in Oregon, we all loved Wes!!! The girls that is.... I saw them perform 3 or 4 times. When he came to OC I was flabergasted :) Star Struck....

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Cool! I should follow them more...Dan's cousin's son is in it! He's the shortest one...

Marilyn said...

I'd have offered to take Jackson for you last night so you could go back in to the auditorium if I'd known you had such a history with Acappella! I had no idea of the sacrifice you were making to be out there in the lobby area during the concert :-)