Thursday, January 6, 2011

The BIG Day!

I started out my 2 day I-stopped-nursing-and-my-sister's-having-a-baby vacation by driving down to Dallas to see my best friend, Laura. We have known each other since I was a sophomore in high school and she was a freshman. We went to different high schools but were in the youth group together. She is fun, funny, a great conversationalist, a snazzy-hip dresser (I think I just made up a new hyphenated word), smart and thoughtful. I like her mostly because she says words like faunchin. We both have a deep love for Coke and agree that you MUST drink coke while eating pizza or hamburgers. We stayed in a great hotel, ate lots of great food and did lots of shopping! Yea!
Then I headed over to see the BIG nephew. My blessed sister gave birth via c-section to Greyson Lawrence at 10 POUNDS 13 OUNCES and 21 3/4 inches long! Bless her. Bless c-sections.
Here is the hours-old babe.

And here are his "paw" prints. WOW!

And here they are! Woo-hoo! I love being an aunt! I also love having babies too but being an aunt has it's own special benefits.

The proud Poppa and Momma. Brother Chandler had already gone home by the time I started snapping pictures. Congrats sis! We are so excited to welcome Greyson to the family!

7 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

He dwarfs my sister's baby she had on Wed. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz.

Anonymous said...

So, so, so, so fun! I think we need a reunion tour this summer!

Marilyn said...

I'm glad you could enjoy a little vacation! Congratulations on your sweet, big nephew (I would usually say, "sweet, little baby" but that obviously didn't apply here! He looks healthy & beautiful!

Anonymous said...

YEA! Love it, and we think you are a fabulous aunt!

Kayla said...

You also must have coke with taco's :)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Glad you had some time away from "real life!" That baby is a chunk! Your sister will be telling that one for years to come!

Glenda Bowden said...

Grayson, not Greyson