Saturday, January 22, 2011

What we've been up to

Shopping with Texas Santa's money...Collin took a little trip to the Lego store. He bought "Freeing Dobby." And has a new interest for Christmas 2011...Diagon Alley!
Here he is with Hogwarts, the Hogwarts Express, Quidditch and now...Freeing Dobby. Oh the joy of Legos!

I must admit that I love to go in and see what position my children are sleeping. My mom took a lot of sleeping pictures and I do too. I adore them. Jackson must sleep with part of his face covered...
and he likes to throw his socks and passy out.

Sunday morning pictures. Jackson is thrilled.

Catching snowflakes.

ditto

Here is Katie flying the simulator at the Omniplex. She crashed once and then kept doing circles...a future pilot?

The new area at our science museum...a tease on the eyes. It's very fun and bold in there.

Love.

Grammy - Katie is having a phone conversation with you. I think this is where she is telling you that you don't know much about science. And that she will teach you when you come to Oklahoma. (To my friends that read: my mom taught Chemistry, Physics and PreCalculus at my high school, so this should be an interesting conversation between the two of them.)

Katie playing at the treehouse.

Visiting with a scientist.

Choo-choo - exhausted after a big day at the Science museum.

Another Sunday morning photo...it's been a while since I blogged, no?

On Martin Luther King Day, we all bundled up and headed out to the zoo.

My kids have a facination for the STATUES at the zoo, the real-live animals are a bonus. Here they are posing with the bunny doing a "bunny-run". This is something Katie made up and I've forgotten when and why.

So snuggy-bundled at the zoo!

Jackson seeing the fishies.

Katie on the pygmy hippo statue. Do you notice Katie has some little bangs now? Yep, we've had some fun with scissors around our house. I'm not quite sure I can bring myself to blog about ALL the incidents but let's just say her scissor practice is going to put off for quite some time.

I think we are going to need to get a swingset for the backyard! He loves to swing!!

Celebrating a day of fun with a ride on the little carousel. Yes, we did spring the 50 cents and take a real ride. It was thrilling!

Our Jackson...sockless and enjoying the ride. He's got a lot of "I'mgonnadoitmyself" personality in him. But alas, he had to be held onto by mom.
So parents, friends, that is what we have been up to lately.

8 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So much fun...is that Diagon Alley all made of legos???

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! We may have to take trip there next time we visit!

Anonymous said...

And by there, I mean the Science Museum, especially since Miss Priss is quite the expert!

Anonymous said...

You totally have to post all the crazy hair cut pictures Miss Katie created!

Catherine said...

This is a test to see if I can comment.

Catherine said...

Yay! It worked! Okay, so my real comment is I love all the pic's, and love that you comment on my blog, and think that someday we should actually speak in person again. :-) You know... not about my "junk." Ethan wants to know when your kids are going to come over and play again.

Marilyn said...

I love to look at my kids to while they're asleep & take pictures of them sleeping too! Sometimes I think I probably take too many of them asleep, but when I go back & look at the pics after they've grown some, I'm so glad I have the pictures!

Ashley said...

Cute pictures!!