Sunday, May 15, 2011

Medals in May

Katie started taking gymnastics in January and has loved it! This day was Parents' Visitation where the gymnasts would show off all their skills.
Here she is with a friend she has known since toddlerhood.


Katie doing a handstand. We also saw her do a backhandspring, walk on the beam, do a running-vault-flip thing ("Ina do it by myself," she kept saying to her coach.) and her favorite move - a one-knee hang on the bars.


Her favorite part: throwing Dad in the pit.


Champion Katie! Of course when she makes it to the Olympics then she will need a more slick-backed ponytail.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Glad she enjoys it! I think its a great thing to develop full body coordination! My older two did it and I think it helped them in other sports they played!

kayla said...

Yay!!! We loved medals in May!!!

Heather said...

Wahoo!!! Go Katie!! Do I need to get her autograph too??? Sweet girl! I am so glad she is enjoying it!