Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy 38th to me!!

Here I am at 37 (above) and one year later.....
my self-portrait on the actual 38th birthday has NOT been airbrushed! But I believe the 37 year old one has had some touchups done to it...thank you Chiara Davidson! I LOVE my birthday! I really, really do! I think my day is such a great day...Feb 1. I think my year is such a great year...1974. I love to think about my young parents having their first baby at 11:44pm, my mom sleeping through the delivery (because they put her out) and my dad in the waiting room (this is the story I remember being told long ago). It's a great day to be alive! Also...I also love that when I finished first grade it was 1981...1 for first, 2nd grade in 82, 3rd in 83...you get it! Always loved that little factoid. But enough about me...
For my birthday and Collin's birthday, my mom always comes up for a visit. Yay Momma! Apparently we had so much fun that I only took 2 photos the entire visit!
Jackson...very sad that "Rammy" is getting on the plane. He still says "Rammy...plane...high...big high" when he plays with his toy airplane or sees one in the air. He's so cute!
Later on this day...Jackson would get a "croup" diagnosis at the doctor. The beginning of the bad and scary week.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

How nice that your mom gets to come for your birthdays each year! I'm excited b/c my family will be here on my b-day this year since it is OC's graduation weekend & my sister is graduating! Wesley thinks they're all flying in just for my birthday :-) thats more fun than a graduation!

Catherine said...

Yeah.... sorry about forgetting to say Happy Birthday! That was the day I got sick, before Jackson got scary sick, and then I kind of forgot the birthday.

I wish I shared your joy of the birthdays. I used to, but the last couple... not so much. Gotta work on a 'tude adjustment. I cannot -- will not -- live another 50 years (give or take) with sadness about another year being gone!

ANYWAY! Happy Birthday! Love ya!