Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thunder Benchwarmers!

Our oldest 2 kiddos won the "benchwarmer experience" through their elementary school's night at the Thunder game.
While the kid's were on the bench, Nick Collison came over to the side where the parent's stood and started signing autographs. That's when I noticed a security guard escorting Collin towards Collison. I thought to myself...Collin has been chosen to meet Collison I guess and I waved to the security guard to say I'm the Mom!! I'll take the picture!! He kept shaking his head at me. I was confused...in the meantime....Collin got a Collison autograph on his school shirt.
Do you see the 2 police officers and 1 security guard near Collin and Collison? All that ruckus because Collin was getting up off the bench to come tell me that Katie was bothering him!!! He hadn't even noticed that while trying to get to me, that Collison had signed his shirt! Matt and I are still laughing about this story!!
And if you didn't know what row R looks like at the Thunder game....here it is!! The. Very. Last. Row. In. The. Coliseum. Scary. High.
And waaaaaaay down there is where they played basketball.
We had lots and lots of fun at the Thunder game. And the weird thing is...our kids don't know that this is NOT normal. Most kids do not get to go to NBA games nor do do the get to sit on the bench nor do they get their shirt accidentally signed. Matt saw the Dallas Mavericks play a couple of times as a teenager and we both saw the Houston Rockets play when we lived in Houston as a young married couple. So we are trying to keep them grounded!

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is so funny! I say keep them grounded for as long as possible!

Marilyn said...

Funny story about Collin! Right now our kids think going to OC games is a big deal :-)

Catherine said...

How do I not know about this!? When did this happen? That is pretty cool stuff -- although the security thing is a hoot!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Very cool and funny