Katie also did some auditioning in April. She auditioned for the part of a squirrel for UpStage Theatre's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! This role was for a "beginner actor" and non-speaking and non-singing. However, at the audition (which I thought was a matter of filling out paperwork for the non-speaking, non-singing role) they asked her if she would like to sing a song. Katie said yes. They asked her what song she would like to sing and she said, "The Backyardigans song." And then she began with "duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh Hi! I'm Euniqua! Hi! I'm Tyrone...." etc, etc, etc.
That is our Kate. Never the shy child. And while she may decide to never do this again, because she has such a WIDE variety of interests, she had a blast! I was so very thankful that 2 families from church also had their older children involved and Katie loves them and looks up to them so much!
So our Katie was a squirrel! And she was the cutest little squirrel in the show. Copyright approved pictures to be posted as soon as her CD arrives!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great way to introduce kids to acting! All this copyright business stinks! We never had to deal with it until the last couple of years...but now the new highschool drama teacher is cracking down too.
Post a Comment