Monday, February 22, 2010

My Collin turns 7!

February 20, 2003 - what a super-great day!! Collin has blessed our life so much. He is a smart boy, imaginative, dramatic, fun, silly, creative. He is a great big brother and a super son. We are so proud of him.
Collin chose Cinnamon Crunch bagels at Panera Bread for breakfast. We then headed out to see "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" (excellent for 7 year olds and up by the way, not so much for 4 year olds or sleeping 3 month olds).

Jackson gave Collin an animal book. Jackson is saying, "Will somebody please put me to bed, please?"

Katie gave Collin a Harry Potter broom, a golden snitch, a chocolate frog and some Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. Collin could NOT wait to try the jelly beans...his first flavor-mashed potatoes...not so excited that they actually have the strange flavors. As a side story...we had BK at our house last night and one of the kids at our house found Collin's jelly beans and took one out of his bag while Collin wasn't looking. She apparently didn't like the flavor and threw it down (I found it on the carpet later). After I threw it away, I wondered what flavor it had been...ketchup! Well, no wonder she threw it down. We have found several more hidden around his room on the floor - apparently she didn't like any she tasted. Collin has laughed and laughed about his "stolen" jelly beans and is not even sad he didn't try delicious flavors like grass, pepper, gravy, etc.

Mommy and Daddy gave Collin a Shutterfly book called "Classical Collin". It's a nice little story Matt made up about Collin and the Greek gods. While we were in Europe last summer, Collin wanted his picture taken with ANY statue that was a Greek god. So we compiled those into a book and Matt wrote the story.
Sniff...sniff...can't believe my baby is 7!!





4 comments:

Summer said...

Wow, what a great idea to write a story. Your Collin reminds me a lot of my Mia. Maybe there's a future there....

Oh and the Asian play at EFAI was the main play and Mia had the lead. She knew everyone's lines and was very annoyed when they didn't know their lines as well as she did. She may be described as "intense"....

Elizabeth Mullins said...

What a great idea to use shutterfly for your story! I need to do that with the ones I have written about Corban and his Papaw!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I can't believe Collin is 7. Time flies.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Boy I'm out of it...never heard of that Percy movie!