A few weekends ago we checked another OK Things To Do Item off our list. We visited the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum.
It is located in a fabulously old but kept up insurance building in an old part of OKC. Beautiful, old homes surround the museum! It was lovely. I wish I'd taken more pictures of the outside. We were there on the museum's 5th anniversary, so we had ice cream sundaes with all the other visitors and admission was FREE.
In the children's section, the qdobas (our word for kiddos) could dress up like their favorite Oklahoman. Jackson chose a country music star...Garth Brooks...I'm guessing??
Katie chose OKC Thunder #35 Kevin Durant....and I'm pretty sure he is a Texan...but I could be wrong.
Katie wanted me to take her picture in all sorts of basketball poses. These are a few of those. Did you notice I said "few"?
And Collin chose to dress up like a judge. And I haven't studied up enough on my Oklahoma history to know a famous Oklahoma judge.
For my Oklahoma Travel Book: go to this museum on a FREE day. There is not much to it but it has great potential!! The staff is great. The building is fabulous! The gift shop is great! The kid's dress up area gets 2 thumbs up. The content of the museum is a bit lacking but again, it has potential. * 1 star.
4 comments:
Sounds like you picked the best day to go! Love FREE!
Another one to add to my list, thanks for checking it out for us! Btw, KD played for Texas in college, but is from Maryland...that's just a bit of the knowledge I have gained by being married to a UT fan :-)
Oh good to know Marilyn!! I just knew he went to UT one year. :)
Post a Comment