Friday, May 11, 2012

I LOVE to do laundry...now!

 Sorry...you will have to view the AFTER and then the BEFORE.  This little heart shelf hung in our apartment in Houston.  It was brown and hung in our dining room.  I then painted it blue and it hung over Collin and Katie's changing table when they were babies.  It has been in the garage for 3 years.  So I pulled it out and painted it black.  Love it!  Can't believe I almost got rid of it.
 Still working on shelf organization.
 And I still need to change out the brassy hardward in here.
 But this room now makes me very happy.  :)
 Before there were no blinds and it was a very HOT room to do laundry in in July.  Ick.
 And it was plainish.
 And piled high with my things to do.
I have now officially painted the 2 smallest rooms in my house in 3 years.  My decision making record and speed of painting is s.l.o.w.  My goal for while the big kids and Matt are at camp...paint the play room and the kid's bathroom.  Ok.  There.  I said it.  June 1 and they are both done.

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Congratulations! Very cute! Those must be the "in" colors right now... my great niece (wow, I feel old saying that) has a nursery in those colors and that print on your curtain!

Tessa said...

I love it! I have so much trouble deciding what color to paint because I'm sure I'll choose wrong. You did fantastic and were very brave to pick a bold color!

Marilyn said...

Very nice! I love seeing before & after transformations! I like the quotes on the little plaques too :-)

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Very cute. I love the color.