Thursday, June 2, 2011

Katie's PreK Graduation from Mrs. McBride's class

Mrs. McBride is an institution. She has taught PreK at our church for 40 something years. I don't really know how long but a long time!
During graduation, Mrs. McBride lead the children through all their songs, their memory work (13 verses this quarter for a grand total of 52 memory verses), says the books of the Bible, and says the 23rd Psalm. I know I didn't know all that at age 4 and 5!!

She also goes into great detail during the lessons! Wow! I learned something new every week that Matt and I helped do crowd control in her class. Because she teaches EVERY PreK child. She doesn't have a room full of 15 little people, NO, there are 65 kids on her roll sheet. Now of course, not everyone comes but still! She teaches them all! She has a desk, an attendance chart, folders, crayons, etc, etc, etc for each child!

Here is our Kate listening intently and looking back at me for a thumbs up if she answered a question correctly!

Katie and Mrs. McBride! And now...she is officially off to Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

she had all mine and is amazing! I totally got caught off guard and cried when my daughter "graduated"!