Saturday, June 18, 2011

A little time in Texas = many pictures

I am trying something new....writing about the picture ABOVE it instead of BELOW it...I'm not sure I like it. Here are Colt and Kristen on their last day at the Church of Christ in Snyder, TX. They have recently moved to Alexandria, VA where Colt will begin work on a PhD and Kristen will begin work on her Masters degree. And then we will go visit them in summer 2013, right Colt and Kristen??
We then headed from Snyder on out to my parents house. Here the kiddos had much fun playing with a recent purchase of Grammy and Poppas - the slip and slide.

Even Matt got in on the action.

Then Katie and Collin and cousin Chandler went out to the pool in the front yard to cool off some more. Chandler decided he needed to go to the bathroom and respectfully stood and aimed at the grass near the pool. I did snap a perfect picture of the incident, but I'll guess I'll wait until his wedding video to publicize it.

Grammy always has a big pocket full of tokens for the kiddos to spend at Mr. Gatti's - a pizza place in Abilene. And now that Katie and Collin are bigger, they like to ride all the rides instead of earning tickets for prizes.



Um...these 2 scare me with their crazy driving...especially Katie.

Our little Chubba Chubba Choo Choo rode his first train ride here!

And here are all 3 on the carousel, Katie doing a modified "bunny run" pose.

Jackson just had to touch and try everything. He had lots of fun, even if he only rode 2 rides.

Grammy and Jackson during story time.

And here is our cutie pa-tootie before swim time in a real pool. Don't you like this 1920s swimsuit? I bought this for Collin at a little boutique in Edmond WAY back in 2004. I wish I had a scanner and I would scan the photo in of Collin in this suit...twins I tell you!

Here we are swimming at my parent's friend's pool.



Katie had just gotten some flippers and she was determined to try to swim in them. She hasn't worn them since.

Beautiful view...I can smell the dry heat now.

We plan to head back to Texas in July when it's really hot and love on our families some more. We hardly got to see Pops and Jarre on this trip to Texas so another trip is in order and that will mean more pictures!


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Okay, I was enjoying the pic's and stories and all... til you got to the part where you "waxed eloquent" about dry heat and a hotter July trip. Then you lost me. I've just been ever so glad that temps here never got above 85. :-) Glad you had fun.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Looks like a great time! Be thankful for grandparents that do things with your kiddos!

Tessa said...

I agree with Cate's comment. By the way, I like having the commentary above the pictures - that way I read about it and then scroll down a bit and see the picture and actually KNOW what's going on. :)