Thursday, June 23, 2011

Drive-in movie

in Guthrie, OK. I'd like to say this is "Let's Explore Oklahoma, Part 2" but since Matt wasn't with us...it just doesn't count.
Jackson enjoying his cushy seat and RED tummy yummy and corn Chex.
And here are the kiddos ready to watch "Rio" at their first drive-in movie. I LOVE this place. I give it 4 stars! It's relaxed. Jackson can be as loud as he wants and no one cares. Katie and Collin loved it. We bring our own popcorn, M&M's and Coke, we sit in lawn chairs and watch the stars come out in the Oklahoma sky. Two thumbs up, 4 stars, a must do!! Side note: we did manage to get into bed a smidge before 11pm, but it was a small consequence to pay for a night of fun in the summer.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Hmmm... we need to talk... How in the world do you find out about all these things!? If we ever get to take a real vacation, we may need to drag you along to be our tour guide!

Alyssa said...

I would SO do it!! I love planning vacations. I'll have to talk to you about my Oklahoma plan.

Catherine said...

Definitely. I love vacations, but have never had to plan one. So we'll have to put that on our growing list of "things to talk about." :-)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, we love it! Haven't been for a couple of years, but it's a great thing for kids. We even had one of my kids birthday parties there...brought a card table, birthday cake, and everything, and they let the boys climb up the ladder and have a picture on the drive-in sign!

Marilyn said...

How fun! I didn't know about this place, but will have to remember if for a couple years down the road!

Kayla said...

oh i think my kids would love this!!