
Just a block away from our hotel was Mud Island.

Walking the bridge over the monorail...note to self: see The Firm again once at home.

At Mud Island you can wade in a mini-Mississippi from start in Minnesota to finish at the Gulf of Mexico.

Fabulous fun! It took the kids 1 hour to wade the length of the mini-Mississippi.

Jackson was a smidge bored.

Then after wading in the mini-Gulf of Mexico, we rode the monorail back to land. Mud Island was very fun!

I chose the Four Way Restaurant for lunch. Sweet tea tastes a little different in Tennessee-very strong and very sweet. The menu consisted of fried catfish, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes and NECK BONES!!! And what exactly ARE chittlins? Maybe we are not southern...

Maybe we are soulful...so now we go to the Stax Recording Company AKA Soulsville USA. Great museum!! Even for a person like me who did not have a clue who Isaac Hayes was/is...but it's still a great museum!

Memphis down...now to conquer Nashville.
3 comments:
My dad and I used to love the neck bones of the chicken!
Looks like fun! I remember Mud Island was closed when we tried to see it so I'm glad you all got to do that!
Looks like you're having a great trip! You chose a good week to leave OK, its too hot here! (but it may be just as hot where you are too, hope not for your sake!)
Post a Comment