Monday, June 7, 2010

Whoever she is...yeah...we can stop and see her grave

Matt: Are you kidding me?
Me: No, I'm serious sweetie! If you want to stop there, we can.
Matt: No, are you serious about the "she"?
Me: Um, whose name did you say?
Matt: Meriwether Lewis
Me: OHHH! I thought you said Mary WEATHER Lewis. Sure we can stop at HIS grave.
Matt: Who is he?
Me: Um, he was very important in American history.
Matt: Yes, my love. Does Lewis and Clark ring a bell?
Me: Oh. Gotcha.
"The Trace" of the Natchez Trace Parkway - orginally a hunters/Indian walking path. Now a scenic drive from Nashville to Natchez, Mississippi.

Meriwether Lewis grave site


Grinders Inn - where Lewis was staying the night he died. Some think his death was a murder, others think a suicide. Matt camps on the side of suicide. I believe in a conspiracy.


The Catfish Hotel: a nice restaurant; not a hotel. Man, I'm either sleep-deprived or I'm a little more air-headed than I thought I was.




Tennessee River

Believe me I was praying hard when these 3 decided to climb down the steps to the river. Scary, rickety, spooky steps!

So, we didn't get very far on our trek home. We begin today (Monday) at Shiloh National Military Park.

5 comments:

kj said...

I would SO watch your vacation on A&E! You need your own show!!!

Heather said...

Ha!! I love it....you crack me up!

Kayla said...

Ha. Lewis and Clark the name rings a bell but I have no idea what they did. I could never really pay attention in history classes...I actually don't know how I passed Matt's class...

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Love it!

Gena said...

I love you even more for your family vacations. This is my idea of family togetherness. The only thing you're missing is a KOA campground. ;)