Hello blogging or blog-reading friends,
I ask you to please pray for Jackson. In August we found out that Jackson has food allergies. He is allergic to
milk
egg
soy
peanuts
peas
(and I heard via friend that peas probably meant all beans).
Jackson then lost weight, gained some back, lost weight and gained some back. Pediatrician sent him in for some blood work to see if something else was going on. We learned that Jumpin J is anemic and hypoglycemic. Which meant - focus on proteins and sugars. Recently we had him retested to see if he had LOST any of these food allergies as has been my prayer since August. We now know that he is also allergic to
rice
wheat
tree nuts
sesame
sunflower
green and string beans BUT NOT pinto or black beans.
He is allergic to too many things to have anything resembling a balanced diet. And apparently is still having some rashy, itchy outbreaks even while removing all of the above food (except rice and wheat). The allergist doesn't want us to remove the rice and wheat yet since the only milk on the market HERE that he can drink is rice milk and they aren't life-threatening to him only make him itchy/rashy. He had blood work done to make sure there were no false positives on the skin test and to rescreen the anemia and hypoglycemia. We will get those results in a week or so. Meanwhile, paperwork is being processed to have Jackson's case seen by a dietician in Dallas at Children's Hospital. We are excited about this! We hope to correct the anemia and hypoglycemia and find some alternative options on eating so Jackson can gain weight. In the 6 months we have known about the food allergies, Jackson has gained only 4 ounces.
So, the ultimate, specific prayer request: for Jackson to be food-allergy free.
Another specific request: to find eating options for Jackson so he may be healthy and gain weight.
And still another: for me to have less anxiety about Jackson's food issues and to truly live this verse: I Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances.
11 comments:
Oh, Alyssa! You know we pray -- A LOT for Jackson, and the rest of you! And will continue to do so. I really have nothing else to say that's helpful, although I certainly wish I did. Hugs!
Wow. What a heavy burden you've been carrying. I wondered what was going on when you mentioned the recipe I posted recently was Jackson friendly. I will pray for him to grow out of this, and in the meantime, that you and Matt will have confidence as you deal with it and find more recipes that help him grow.
I hadn't heard about the second list of items he is allergic to! Thank you for letting us know what to pray for for him. I am praying for Jackson and his mommy!
Praying, Praying, Praying!
I will continue praying for healing and food ideas. We'll pray for all of you!
Oh my goodness, poor baby! Praying, praying, praying
I'll be praying! Through my mom's struggle with cancer she said she always tried to remember this verse: Philippians 4:4-13. I hope it can bring you comfort too.
My goodness! Poor little guy! Praying for him!!
Oh My Goodness. I'm so sorry!! I somehow had no idea. I'll be praying for him and for you. That has got to be difficult.
Wow--that is a lot to deal with! Poor guy! I will definitely be praying that things improve and that you can find some things that he can eat! Sorry you are having to deal with this!
Poor baby...and mommy! I am so sorry! I will be praying for him and your family.
Post a Comment