Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We shall celebrate any good news!

Well, apparently you can get both A AND B flu. I had/have both. I'm in recovery. But while I was a little drugged up, somewhat loopy, tired, etc, etc, etc, Jackson's allergist called to give me the results from his blood tests. It took me about 30 minutes to understand the following. She said....drum roll...he is NOT allergic to green beans! Skin test showed yes, blood test shows no. Everything else was correct (still allergic to milk, egg, soy, peanut, pea, tree nuts, sesame, sunflower and string beans). But YEA, we get to add in green beans back into the diet!!! AND another piece of good news...he is no longer anemic nor hypoglycemic!! YEA!! Small victories, but important victories. Thank you all for praying for him. Still waiting on paperwork from the dietician in Dallas. I have made several new friends whose kids also have food allergies. It's amazing the bond you can have with someone you've never met. I've got lots of new Jackson-friendly recipes. I've got friends always on the look-out for products in the store that are Jackson-friendly. This makes me feel empowered! So thank you for the prayers. We are making progress. Thank you for going down the road with me.

10 comments:

Kayla said...

Yay!!! I think most of those allergies are outgrown so it may get easier! So glad you have people giving you recipes to help ease the overwhelmingness of it all!!

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I was just going to email you and see if you had results.

And I am so thankful for a proactive allergist and dear friends (old and new). Give chubba a hug from Oxford!

Catherine said...

Yay - Yay - YAY!!! It's something. I'm really relieved to hear about the anemia and hypoglycemia. Whew! But here's a dumb question I'm not afraid to ask: I thought string beans and green beans were the same. What's the diff?

Summer said...

Three sheers for green beans! And I thought I has it bad trying to avoid dairy with Bode. You are an amazing Mommy!!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Awesome! Get better soon!

kj said...

That's great news!

Marilyn said...

GREAT news!

Mariah said...

That is great news!!

Boswell Buzz said...

Yeah, what about wheat and rice? I was wondering about those, as well.

Stacey said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading, but just saw this. WOW. My friends back home has been allergic to most of those same things all her life. It definately an adjustment, but it can be done. Hang in there.