
Collin and Mrs. Carney - super-great-awesome 2nd grade teacher. When I grow up I want to be like her.

Collin sitting at his desk. I have been meaning to take a picture of the Open Concept school. Somehow they make it work. Sometimes it's still a shock to me to walk in and not see walls.

The students birthdays are celebrated at the weekly assembly. Collin was so excited that his birthday fell on a Sunday this year so that he would be the FIRST name announced this week.

During the weekly assembly, all the students sing fantastic songs about the states, the presidents, holidays, and other fantastic music numbers. I love it! Apparently it's a long-standing tradition, since maybe 1977 I've heard. That would have been WAY before I was in elementary school so it must be an old tradition :)!
2 comments:
Yes, great traditions going on there! Looks the same as when my kids were there.
Yea for schools that you love! What a blessing it is to feel good about where your kids go to school.
Post a Comment