Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Wheat Challenge!

So....way back in February, Jackson was retested for all his food allergies. And he didn't lose a one of them! He actually got to add 3 more to the list! :) His immune system is a mystery to all who see his file!
On this day...he had a wheat challenge. Because his wheat number is low and because he is no longer a good candidate for oral desensitation therapy, his allergist was ready to dive into the food challenges with wheat in the spring, milk in a baked good in the summer and egg in a baked good in the fall.
The photo above is 10 minutes after Cream of Wheat has been rubbed on his lip. We have red splotches, and a puffed up bottom lip, soon to be joined with a couple of red spots on one of his cheeks.
So...the challenge was a fail. The egg and milk challenges are off. We will keep doing what we are doing until he turns 3 and keep praying that he will grow out of ALL 15 food allergies and NOT gain any more. And in other news, Jackson Bill Round 2 begins in June. This time I'm more informed, more determined and more aware of the "game" of politics. Thank you blog friends for your help this year. I'm sure I'll call on you again. :)

5 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

OH MAN! Poor lil dude, poor Mamma! Saying some prayers.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Bummer!

I admire your persistence with the bill! Stick with it!

Gena said...

Nothing is more frustrating than not knowing the cause of allergies, or whether or not they're going to be outgrown. I'm sorry he has to go through all of this. My prayer is for lots of peanut butter, wheat, eggs, dairy and everything else someday!

Catherine said...

I know, friend... I know. I mean, I don't KNOW... but, I know. Ya know? Hugs, as always.

Marilyn said...

Oh so sorry to hear about the wheat challenge results! I didn't realized that you'd be able to do more work on the bill so soon, keep us up to date on what we can do!