Friday, May 4, 2012

Leadership Training for Christ weekend

 Collin and Matt went down to Dallas for the LTC convention.  After all of Collin's events Matt took him over to the 6th Floor Museum.  AND MATT LET COLLIN STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!  Because this is the exact spot where JFK was shot.  And yes, the street is still used.  Collin had to dodge a few cars!  I'm trying to not think about it.
 The school book depository.
 Collin on the grassy knoll.
 And here is Collin before his puppet skit.  He played the part of the snake.
 And in his drama act he played the part of the devil!  Apparently one of his devil horns did not survive the packing so Mrs. Karyn had to do some reconstruction.

Collin loved LTC so much.  He loved going to practice, he loved studying for it.  His knowledge of every detail in Genesis prompted the SEX talk.  So now my sweet 9 year old knows about sex and still believes in Santa Claus (I think) ...something is not right here.  He is already looking forward to next year!  And I might add that his puppet team got a gold, drama - gold, sign language - gold, Bible Devotional - gold and Bible Quiz - honorable mention.  I guess his knowledge of Genesis wasn't too thorough.  But now he and his Bible Quiz team are more determined to get a gold.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

WELL, Bible Quiz is the most challenging thing! As it should be. Standing in the middle of the road where JFK was shot...sounds like some good father/son time!

The Lady in Pred said...

Glad he had so much fun! We started when Hannah was in third grade and the littles were too young to participate. Now Hannah is too old and we're down to our last few years! And we've never gotten that gold in Bible quiz or or Bible bowl--it's really hard! I think someone got a silver once :) It's such a great experience and tradition. Yay for Colin!
Sherry

Marilyn said...

It sounds like LTC was an "enlightening experience" for Collin, in more than one way! I'm glad Matt was able to fit in a history lesson too about JFK - I'm sure its something Collin will remember since he got to stand in the middle of the road for it!