Friday, January 2, 2009

New York City - Day 1

Matt walking the Brooklyn Bridge on a VERY cold December 30 evening.

Me walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. I am VERY afraid of heights but I'm glad to say that I walked it and I didn't cry and I enjoyed the sights from the bridge.


The big Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza. It was unfortunate for me that I did NOT get to wave to Matt Lauer on the Today show.



We walked around NY when we first got here and I took a ton of pictures of buildings and stuff, but it's just not that fun to blog about those things. We say Radio City Music Hall, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building and lots of other buildings that I can't remember right now.




December 30, 2008 - This is our 13th anniversary. Matt and I decided to leave both of our children in Texas with Pops and Jarre (thank you by the way) and head to NYC for a few days to see the sights, go to shows and celebrate our 13 years. Oh yeah, Matt has a conference here too, so that helped us choose the destination. Here we are at the Lubbock airport, playing a little chess before our flight. Matt won.






No comments: